I can’t hide the fact that I am addicted to Season 2 of The Voice. I sometimes rearrange my whole schedule (band rehearsal and the like) so I can watch 2 hours of nail biting performances, while binging on fast food, taking shots whenever Blake says “tender” and telling my friends to shut the hell up because I can’t hear who is singing.
Confession: I didn’t watch all of Season 1 of The Voice.
There we have it. I watched clips online and YouTube, but I delved into my music and just used the momentum to book shows do as much as possible. A lot of people had things to say about my elimination, good and bad. Even now people come up to me with opinions on how I should’ve performed or sang to beat Nakia. I even had one person insist that it was my fault I lost because I didn’t take their input. That is the way of the world. Everyone has an opinion. Hindsight is 20/20. What I know is I had the best time being part of the show and getting to be on Cee Lo’s team.
This season is bigger and the show has more credibility. The artists performing are incredible. And America shares its opinion all of the time online via twitter, facebook and blogs. I love reading the blogs. I love seeing the artists involved in the show tweet.
My thoughts so far on how things are going:
- I am going to miss Moses Stone and Sera Hill. I really root for R&B and hip hop. Sometimes I feel like R&B singers are the black character in a horror flick.
- I think it was funny to see honest emotions on twitter about people getting eliminated and how JUSTICE IS SERVED. that is all i will say on that. But I mean, that is real. It may not have been nice, but I was amused. There are so many thoughts and feelings that run through the mind of anyone that has been eliminated off the show. I gave myself 3 days to be sad about it when I was eliminated last year. Its really not the end of the world, and being on the show has helped me out a lot. I can only imagine what it can do for Season 2.
- To the coaches: Coming to the rescue of one of your artists who is being bashed is beautiful, just don’t forget to do it for all of your team members.
- Ashley De La Rosa impressed the hell out of me. She is a totally different performer from when I first saw her. Very interested to see her progress.
- I tend to get overly emotional and start screaming at my television when the bottom 3 are announced. I almost threw something at my tv, and then realized that i wouldn’t be able to watch the episode anymore.
- Christina looked really good during eliminations. She is refusing my advances but I think we could have beautiful afro-hawaiian mixed babies together.
- I don’t know who I want to win yet. Do you? There are a lot of good artists so far.
- I have a whole list of people who I think were robbed. But I guess that is what makes good television… i.e. The Shield Brothers, Jonathas, Lex Land, Lee Koch, Anthony Evans… I just feel they should still be in the competition. I want these guys to succeed.
As a viewer, my opinion counts, and it doesn’t. I just want to share my thoughts having been involved in a great show. I hope many of you who have dreams of being a singer will try out for Season 3.
Anxiously waiting for the next eliminations.